Your family-owned and operated source for expert utility and geophysical locating since 1992
Founded in 1992, Reed Tech uses state-of-the art equipment to resolve your underground utility and geophysical locating needs. We focus on providing high-quality locating services that meet legal and regulatory requirements. We are dedicated to damage prevention to protect your underground facilities.
Our highly-trained and qualified experts have developed a reputation for providing excellent quality work for a diverse base of customers. Located in Columbia, South Carolina, we operate in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia. We have shown that we can be cost competitive even with other geophysical firms that may be located much closer to your site.
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
Our services include locating and delineating:
- Utilities (electrical, communication, gas, water, sewer, storm drains, steam lines)
- Pipes (metallic and nonmetallic)
- Objects/utilities in or under concrete
- Underground storage tanks
- Previously excavated and backfilled areas
- Pits and trenches containing metallic & nonmetallic debris
- Landfill boundaries
- Unmarked graves and archaeological interests
Our Equipment & Methodologies
We use a variety of geophysical equipment and methodologies to map the subsurface in real-time. Reed Tech provides geophysical services using the following methods:
- Pipe and Cable Locating
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Electromagnetic Profiling
- Electrical Resistivity
- Concrete Imaging
- Terrain Conductivity
At Reed Tech, our technicians are highly knowledgeable when it comes to utility and geophysical locating. We’ve served thousands of satisfied clients throughout the Southeastern U.S.
Whether you need to find a gas line, internet cable, or other underground facilities, Reed Tech has you covered. Choose a family-owned and operated business with over 28 years of industry experience.